Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sponge Bob? No. Sponge Mom.

So Mom told me the greatest story on Sunday. She said she had all these weird stressful dreams one night last week where she had all these visitors staying the night at the house and she didn't have time to make meals for them or know where to have them sleep. And then Sis. Bessy from the ward was wearing this really sparkly tight red outfit and was getting really mad at Mom for not fulfilling her compassionate service responsibilities. And there were all these other stressful things I can't remember. So Mom woke up in panic mode while Dad was getting ready to leave. She went into the bathroom but found that she just couldn't pee, and it occurred to her that she'd had a lot of salty popcorn the night before that might have sucked her dry. So she was all panicked and flustered and came out just as Dad was about to leave and said, "I had all these stressful dreams and now I can't pee!" To which Dad just stared at her like, "Who are you?"

S. (Not P.S. because Mom absorbed the P.) Today was the first day in a long time that I went to devotional and didn't feel like fleeing from the room the whole time.

1 comment:

  1. Grody. And funny. But good about the devotional thing. Was it the devotional topic, you think, or a change in yourself? I've been rediscovering my spiritual side a little lately too...it's interesting coming back to the Book of Mormon--I haven't really read from it much in a few years. I find myself changing spiritually a lot as I've gotten older--I'm more laid-back and open I think.

    ReplyDelete