Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pixi Stix? JUST HOOK IT UP TO MY VEINS!!!!!!!

Hello word.  Here's the world.  Wait, flip that...   Illinois accepted me. Colorado did not.  I'm just waiting for my FAFSA pin number to FINALLY arrive so I can finalize that and find out if Illinois wants to offer me any money.  Cross your fingers.

Other than that life has been slowish: 

*I'm trying to practice a lot more.
*I think I've been grinding my teeth at night which is why my jaw hurts all the time.
*I leaned to one side of the toilet seat the other night and it snapped clear through and now it pinches really bad.
*I had to tell my stalker student to stop texting me for the second time.
*I saw a great Russian film by Andrei Tarkovsky called "Nostalghia," but if you're not into abstract artsy foreign films, I wouldn't recommend it. In fact I liked it so much I bought it.  It arrived in the mail today. There are several interesting themes in it, one of which is introduced by a crazy guy who's putting drops of oil into his hand and saying that when you put two drops together, you don't get two drops.  You just get a bigger drop.  And then they're walking through his house and there's this big sign on his wall that says 1+1=1.  Kind of a cool thought.  Oh, and then my friend Shanda referred to that scene in sacrament meeting last Sunday in a talk she had to give on marriage.  Actually there is a lot of Christian symbolism throughout the film.
*Speaking of films (but on the other end of the spectrum entirely) my roommate really likes High School Musical.  He threw a HSM birthday party for a girl he has a crush on in our ward the other day, and let me tell you, it was a big deal.  HSM pictures all over the walls, HSM decorations, HSM presents.  And he's been complaining about how much he wants to watch it lately, so finally he got a group of people together this evening for it.  I definitely wasn't interested, but he kind of guilt tripped me into thinking about it, and now we'll see.

OH WAIT OH WAIT OH WAIT!!!!!!!!  My roommate and friends just showed up HERE with the movie, and Ryan just stood in front of the TV and gave a very lengthy and eloquent introduction to High School Musical that was actually really funny.  And now the movie has been going for five minutes and I haven't stopped laughing.  Wow.  That's all I have to say.  In Ryan's words, it's like being fed Pixi Stix intravenously for an hour and a half...

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you always seem to have a stalker student. In other news, I want to see this "Nostalghia" flick. How convenient that you own it now! Someday soon, perhaps?

    Also, I'm really sorry, but I can't resist pointing out that you used a slang abbreviation for High School Musical in this blog entry. Four times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it's the same one I've had for awhile. And I wasn't about to type "High School Musical" over and over again. FYI, I've never actually said HSM out loud in my life, OK?

    And if you're going to watch Nostalghia, make sure you're ready to concentrate. It kind of makes your head hurt a little. And sometimes a lot.

    ReplyDelete