Sunday, April 19, 2009

This is what I accomplished this weekend.


So I was going to go camping, but then I decided not to, but then Sarah persuaded me to, but then it got cancelled, but then Ashley could go with us so then it was back on again, so I drove down to Salt Lake on Thursday, and then we decided not to go camping.

So what did we do?  Pretty much nothing except go to Keys on Main Friday night which is a dueling pianos bar downtown.  We wrote down our three top song requests for them to choose from and they played MINE, which of course was Girls Just Want to Have Fun.  And I had a virgin margarita that was tasty.

All last week I was trying to schedule something with this girl Andrea from Boise that I ran into at a Latin dance a few weeks ago when she was visiting Rexburg.  We had mutual crushes years ago but hadn't seen one another in a really long time.  She's been in Orem all week trying to get this really competitive writing position, so after a couple failed attempts at scheduling a date, I finally was able to take her out to breakfast this morning.  We made a big styrofoamcup/straw/plasticfork/napkin sculpture thing and dedicated it to the waitress who came up and told us how cool it was, and then had a nice long conversation sitting on wet grass, but our situations are not exactly conducive to getting to know one another at this point since our lives are both pretty much in limbo right now.

The rest of the day was spent sleeping, saxophoning, eating Indian food, learning how to play the ukulele for two hours, risking my and Sarah's lives for the sake of art (as seen above), and watching the Lost Skeleton.

All in all, just about as productive as any other day of my life right now.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Brother Scrivner, You are both the stupidest and coolest person I have ever met. I am so glad we are friends. Love, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaun. Yo. I was totally writing you an email right now when I came across that very blog post about 5 friends having a crush on you, and that led me here. I'm still sending that email. Thanks for helping me kill a couple hours at work here.

    ReplyDelete